Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Walking in The Word

Wow - what a year this will be. I am excited and a bit nervous to be reading and preaching through the entire bible in a year. We are off to a good start and moving quickly through Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah and the flood - I can't wait to see what good thing God will do and/or reveal to us...to me personally.

Just barely three days into our readings and I have already marked up, underlined and written in my bible. Questions like:

1. If God didn't create the sun, stars and moon until the fourth day, what was the "light" that separated the darkness on day one?

2. Why was the earth dark, empty, formless and covered with water to begin with?

3. Were Adam and Eve supposed to be vegetarians?

4. What happened to Enoch? How did he just disappear? Where did he go?

5. What's up with Genesis 6 and the "sons of God" having sex with women who gave birth to giants??!!

Trust me, there are many more but we can discuss them at the Way Cafe. Bring your questions too!

No comments: