Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Found Faithful?

I have a pastor friend who constantly reminds me that we (pastors), are not called to be famous, but faithful. Those are good words because it's easy to focus on the wrong things. It is tempting to want people to "see you in action", but it's been said that we are playing to an audience of ONE. I should only be concerned with what God thinks, what God sees.

Here is what the Bible says about this: Luke 16:10 "Whoever is faithful in very little is faithful also in much; and whoever is dishonest in a very little is dishonest also in much.
 I guess you have to prove yourself faithful first in little...It's a matter of responsibility. You have to prove you can handle "a little" before you can handle "much". With God's grace and power, I hope to do that.

No comments: