Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Band of Brothers

One of the abundant blessings God has given me is the friendship of fellow pastors in Milford. Once a month, we gather to share what' s going on in our lives and ministry and we pray for one another. It is amazing how well we get along. There is definitely a spirit of unity present. We are all passionate about serving God and the church. We also have many of the same struggles and frustrations.

Today as we were praying, the Holy Spirit lead me to pray, "God, love your people through me." This really convicted me for some reason. Do the people of Bellwood experience God's love through me? Do others see God's love flowing from me? Am I allowing God's Spirit to fill me up so that I am overflowing and able to share His love with others? I can't fully explain it except to say it was a God-thing of self-examination.

"Thank you God for brothers in Christ whose hearts are turned toward You. Amen."

No comments: