Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thankful for our Son

Psalms 127:3 "Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him".

Each morning at 7:00am, our dog Rascal and I go into the kids' bedrooms and wake them up for school while Tammy is preparing breakfast. This morning I woke up Spencer for the last time...It hasn't sunk in and probably won't until some time in August when he heads off to college. So I don't want to look forward too quickly. I want to live in the "now" while remembering with gladness the past.

Tammy and I have been going through pictures of Spencer when he was younger and it's been fun. In every picture, there is a story that we can recall. And we are blessed to re-live the memories.

Parents, you know how it is: You wish they could stay little for the rest of their life, but it doesn't happen that way. They do grow up and the awesome thing is - there will be even more great memories to make so you can re-live those in the future.

Tammy and I are so thankful for the gift that Spencer is to us. We do thank God for him and even though he is all grown up, I just have to share one of my favorite pics: 


Everyone say "AHHHHH"

No comments: